


SSC and equivalent exam re-scrutiny results may be published on September 10 with over 400,000 candidates awaiting the outcome, education officials said Thursday.
The Inter-Education Board Coordination Committee has proposed the date to the education ministry said Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka Chairman Syed Aktaruzzaman adding that the date will be finalised once approved.
A total of 402,051 candidates applied for reassessment after being dissatisfied with their results and seeking review of 1.06 million answer scripts. Including 231,471 scripts with practical components, the total under review stands at 1.29 million.
SSC results were published on August 10 with an average pass rate of 62.25%, the lowest in 19 years as 690,608 candidates failed. Re-scrutiny applications were accepted from August 11 to 17 through the ministry's Integrated Education Information Management System (IEIIMS) website, with candidates paying Tk 150 per paper.
For the first time the candidates now have the option of full re-evaluation rather than just recounting marks. Education Minister ANM Ehsanul Hoque Milon confirmed this change on results day. Previously, re-scrutiny under the Public Examination (Offences) Act 1980 only involved recounting without reassessing answers.
Under the Public Examinations (Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2026, passed by Parliament on July 7 and gazetted on July 9, examiners found guilty of over- or under-assessing scripts can face up to two years in prison, a fine or both. A third examiner will determine whether such assessment errors occurred.