


A Bangladeshi man has been arrested in Sydney, Australia, after allegedly killing his wife and two children.
Police said the 47-year-old man called authorities from his home in Campbelltown on Monday evening, May 18. Officers later found the bodies of his 46-year-old wife and their two children, aged 12 and 5, inside the house. According to police, all three had severe stab wounds.
Authorities have not released the identity of the accused to protect the privacy of the victims. He has been charged with three counts of domestic violence-related murder.
The case was briefly heard at Campbelltown Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday. The accused did not appear in court. His lawyer, Jawad Hossain, told reporters that his client was in a “severely disturbed” condition while in police custody.
The lawyer declined to comment on whether the accused had any history of domestic violence, substance abuse or mental health issues.
Investigators said the accused was a homemaker who cared for the two children, both of whom reportedly had developmental conditions. Their mother was the family’s main earner. The family had migrated from Bangladesh to Australia about a decade ago.
New South Wales Police Acting Superintendent Michelle Moroney described the house as a “very brutal crime scene.” Police recovered several items that may be linked to the killings, though no firearms were found.
Authorities said the accused had no previous criminal record and was not previously known to police. The family also had no known contact with social services or child protection agencies.
Police sealed off the area following the incident and questioned neighbours. Investigators believe no one else was inside the home during the attack.
One neighbour said the children were often seen happily playing outside. Another resident said the incident was difficult for the community to accept because it happened so close to home.
A local woman placed flowers near the house and said tearfully, “They were just children.”
New South Wales Premier Chris Minns described the killings as “horrific and heartbreaking.” He said the state government was considering increased funding for domestic violence prevention in the upcoming June budget.
The incident came days after Australian authorities arrested 993 people and filed more than 2,000 charges during Operation Amarok, a nationwide crackdown on domestic violence.