Monday, 17 August 2026

Actor Zaher Alvi Speaks Out After Wife Ikra’s Death, Calls for Fair Investigation

Entertainment Desk
Disclosure : 07 Mar 2026, 12:47 PM
Alvi said he believes he is being unfairly blamed for his wife’s death.
Alvi said he believes he is being unfairly blamed for his wife’s death: Photo collected

Actor Zaher Alvi has shared a lengthy and emotional statement on social media following the death of his wife, Afra Ivnath Khan Ikra. In the post published late Friday night, the actor addressed various allegations and called for a fair investigation into the incident.

Alvi said he believes he is being unfairly blamed for his wife’s death. He also referred to CCTV footage from their home in Mirpur, which he said could provide important evidence in the investigation.

According to the actor, the CCTV system in the drawing room of their house was controlled through Ikra’s mobile phone, which is now in police custody.

Alvi claimed that during his absence from February 25 to 27, several of Ikra’s friends visited the house. He alleged that gatherings took place during those days and said the footage could help clarify what happened. The actor also stated that his assistant had already given a statement to police regarding the events before the incident.

In his post, Alvi said Ikra’s behavior in the days leading up to her death appeared unusual. He also claimed that she had brought cigarettes and sleeping pills shortly before the incident.

The actor further mentioned that Ikra had previously struggled with personal difficulties over the past several years. However, he said the circumstances surrounding the latest incident were different and should be properly examined.

Alvi also shared details about challenges in their personal relationship, saying their marriage had faced difficulties in the past but that he had tried to rebuild their relationship.

At the end of his statement, the actor urged authorities to conduct a transparent and impartial investigation. He said the truth should be determined through proper legal procedures, especially considering the future of their child.

Police have not yet released an official statement regarding the investigation.

  • Latest

  • Popular

July Uprising Was an Expression of Long-Simmering Public Anger: Ruhul Kabir Rizvi

1

“An Inequality-Free Education System Will Be Built”: Shama Obaid

2

National Fisheries Week in Kaliganj Draws Criticism Over Lack of Farmers’ Participation

3

Zia Memorial Museum to Be Preserved as Part of Bangladesh’s Heritage: Culture State Minister

4

Chattogram Port Protection Committee Holds Citizens’ Convention Over NCT, CCT Leasing

5

Safety Mismanagement Alleged at Sitakunda Ship Recycling Yard After Deaths of 9 Workers

6

Lakshmipur District Development Coordination Meeting Held

7

BAJUS Explains How Gold Prices Are Set in Bangladesh

8

Bangladesh Bank Eases LC Rules to Facilitate Fruit Imports

9

409 Public Works Department Engineers Transferred Through Lottery

10

Every Crime Against Humanity in Bangladesh Will Be Tried: Law Minister

11

Fire Breaks Out at Helmet Warehouse in Bangshal; 7 Firefighting Units Working to Control Flames

12

Legal Notice Seeks Travel Ban on Dr. Yunus

13

Bangladesh Bank Eases Import Rules to Lower Fruit Prices

14

Iran Offers $30,000 Reward for Capturing or Killing US Military Personnel

15

Rajbari Supermarket Fined Tk 200,000 Over Expired Children’s Products

16

2 Years Needed to Fully Resolve Power and Energy Crisis Despite Ongoing Efforts: Finance Minister

17

Health Ministry to Recruit 100,000 Healthcare Workers Soon: Health Minister

18

International Youth Day 2026 Observed in Gazipur

19

Tarique Rahman’s Leadership Will Keep Bangladesh Safe: Kaysar Ahmed

20
X